Just like you, we love shopping for our pooches and pups!
\\\ Best Dog Beds
Fed up with muddy paws on your new settee and bed covers? Maybe it’s time to think about buying your dog their own bed and providing them with their private space.
There’s never been such a large and varied choice for dog beds so we’ve chosen a showcase of the types on offer. There’s something for all pet shapes, sizes and breeds.
Perfect Dog Beds – Dogs Love To Sleep!
All pets love their sleep so why not give them the best possible sleeping experience with a high-quality bed from luxury brands such as Scruffs, Danish Design, Silent Night, Project Blu, Joules, Fatface, Sophie Allport, Barbour and more. Dogs will use their beds continually during the day as well as sleeping through the night, hoping in and out regularly so mattresses do take a pounding.
The Types Of Beds Available
What Sort Of Dog Bed Should I Choose?
- Orthopaedic beds. As your pet ages, they have different requirements such as orthopaedic needs. Their bones and joints need extra help and support and there are specially designed beds generally filled with memory foam, shaping to the pet’s body.
- Self-heating dog beds. Perfect for those dogs suffering from arthritis or very ill and provide warmth and comfort when required. These beds contain reflective foil that lies between the quilted polyester fibres and foam, which reflects the pet’s body heat.
- Waterproof beds. Easy to clean and machine washable, perfect if your dog loves muddy walks. They’re also useful if your pet suffers from incontinence and females in heat.
- Quilted beds. Made to be warm, soft and well padded, suitable for most active dogs.
- Snuggle beds. Made in a range of differing fabrics generally oblong in shape. Check the size depth of mattresses where applicable so that they are not too thin for your pet.
- Donut Shaped beds. Have become increasingly popular with smaller pets. Fun shaped, soft and comfortable.
- Specialised beds. A number of home location solutions such as triangular shaped to fit corner locations and sofa beds.
What Sort Of Size Bed Do I Buy For My Pet?
Consider carefully the size of the bed required. Pets must be able to stretch out and to be able to snuggle in comfort. If your pet has an existing bed check the size and consider your pet requirements for the future. If your pet is a puppy and likely to grow much larger, consider this when making your purchase.
- Measuring your dogs back from the tip of the nose to where the tail starts b) measure from the front legs from shoulder to the foot c) measure the rear legs from the top of the leg to foot.
- Add a) and b) and c) measurements then add half the length of a) and this will provide you with your dogs sprawling length.
- Consider the length measurements carefully of beds when purchasing now that you have your dogs sprawl length.
- Many dog beds are advertised with a general size such as ‘small’ and provide ideas as to the suitability of certain breeds. Sizes within the breed can vary enormously, it is still best to use your actual pet’s measurements.
What Other Things Should I Consider When Buying A Pet Bed?
- Sleep. Pets need their sleep and a comfortable bed, waking refreshed, just like humans do. Here some pointers when choosing –
- Position. Consider where you are going to place the bed, preferably in no draughts, and where it is their quiet space yet accessible, taking measurements of the maximum site area for a dog bed to fit the space.
- Fabric. Many fabrics and styles are available. Fleece and faux suede fabrics keep pets warm. Faux leather and plastic allow for extra durability and a little chewing. Waterproof surfaces easier to keep clean especially dog that may be on heat or like to get muddy from dog-walking.
- Colour. Style your home with matching or complimenting coloured beds with the many colour choices and prints available.
Shop Latest Beds
Experience tells us
- Consider what you want from your dog bed – to be permanently sited or moveable?
- Buy the right material dog bed that suits your dog – are they chewers or need a waterproof material?
- Check the sizes very carefully especially if your dog is a puppy and likely to grow much larger.
- Mattresses take a pounding so invest in a quality, soft but thick mattress.
- It’s essential to buy a washable bed and preferably removeable mattress
- How much can you afford? Don’t buy the cheapest, thinnest mattress bed for a really active dog. You’ll be spending your money unwisely and having to renew quickly.
- Research before buying especially checking buyers remarks left about the product. They can help enormously to influence your decision making especially those left by experienced dog owners.
- Choose your supplier carefully with not just a great record about their firms service and after care, but also their personal interest in their dog business.
Best dog walks around the UK. 15. Beautiful coastal dog walks. Being safe, dog walking. Dog Thefts. GPS Trackers. Dog-friendly walks, sandy beaches, dog-friendly. PET CHECK UK BLOG
Best dog walks around the UK. 14. Beautiful coastal Wells-next-to-sea beach – Holkham beach – Brancaster beach – Old Hunstanton beach – Heacham beach – North Norfolk, England. Dog walking, dog-friendly, amazing sandy beaches, Rural Retreat unique holiday homes to rent. PET CHECK UK BLOG
Best dog walks around the UK.13. Coastal Suffolk, England. Dog-friendly walks. Sandy, shingle beaches, dog-friendly beaches, holiday homes to rent. PET CHECK UK BLOG