\\\ Pet mattresses and duvets
What’s The Best Mattress For My Dog?
Dogs just like humans like their sleep and it’s best to never disturb a dog when asleep, so providing them with a comfortable bed in their own space is very important.
Bed mattresses are a great alternative to dog beds for pets that like to stretch and for those with aching joints, to get in and out of more easily, slightly raised off the ground keeping them off cold floors.
Generally, mattresses are oblong shaped and made in a variety of fabrics with finishes, sometimes trimmed with removable dog pillows and bolster.
6 tips to help buy a mattress and duvet that’s right for your pet
- How high do you want your pet to be off the ground? Most mattresses are filled with thick contour memory-based foam and take your pet off lying close to a cold floor.
- Check the space where you intend the mattress to be located. Measure the space available to ensure you have enough room. Measure your dog’s sprawl size and ensure you buy a mattress large enough for your dog’s sprawl length providing comfort. Read How to measure your dog’s sprawl.
- Is your dog a chewer? Check the details on destructibility provided by the seller. It’s not advisable to buy soft plump type mattresses if your dog chews easily into the mattress as they may swallow the filling and likewise it isn’t cost-effective renewing mattresses frequently.
- Which fabric is best? As your pet ages, their needs change and may become incontinent. Waterproof-lined mattresses are perfect that can be wiped clean. Waterproof-lined beds are ideal for those dogs that just love the mud leaving trails everywhere!
- What are dog mattresses filled with? Memory foam mattresses shape with the pet’s body when lying on it, and can come in several thicknesses dependant upon your dog’s weight, helpful when they suffer from older age with arthritis and joint pains.
- What designs are available? Dog beds may have discreet handles to help move the mattress if planning to situate it in different rooms regularly. Review the many designs that are available and can style with your interiors and colour themes.
What’s the difference between a dog duvet and mattress?
Duvets are also very popular similar to a large cushion giving dogs and cats some comfort and can be easily picked up and moved around the home, used as office temporary beds, or in travel crates, size permitting. They generally have easy to remove zip fastening washable covers with a thinner cushion-like inner.
Crate mats are similar to cushion duvets and designed to fit the sizes of regular dog crates, providing dogs and pets with a comfortable base to sit and lie on, use practical fabrics that wash and dry quickly due to accidents that may happen when traveling longer journeys.
How many dog beds should I have with two dogs?
It is advisable to have at least a bed per dog that lives in the house, to avoid competition between them. You can have different types of bed and this shouldn’t be a problem, but you may find that your pets may constantly swap around their time spent in each type of bed.
Styles And Designs Available
Not In The Dog House have a fabulously diverse range of cushions and duvets available in usual oblong shapes in plain or prints by well known and trusted dog suppliers such as Danish Design, House of Paws, Scruffs with gorgeous prints by Joules, Fat Face, Sophie Allport plus traditional styling from classic Barbour and more.
This stylish Yorkshire based business stock contemporary designs such as a very practical settee cover pet bed (featured above), a triangular-shaped dog bed that fits a cornered space, designer contemporary chic tepees, suitable for smaller dogs and pets, heated dog beds which help older dogs soothe their aching joints, and a range of quite lovely quality prints and colour dog beds, duvets and cushions that will complement any modern, contemporary or traditional home. They seem to have thought of everything.
Not In The Dog House offer a stylish contemporary online shop with the added comfort of a 5 star Trust Pilot rating, free delivery over £35.00 order, and a constant range of new designs.
Gift Vouchers available.
Whether it’s a heavy-duty waterproof oval cushion pad or a pretty Fatface environmentally friendly printed dog duvet Doggie Solutions can provide you with a wide range of cushions, duvets, and mattresses.
Cushions that are perfect for those dogs that love getting dirty, country dogs, and dogs that take walks regularly in muddy fields.
A selection of beds, including waterproof materials with repellent coatings helping to brush off loose dirt, selection of sizes to fit most dogs, and selection of colours.
Replace worn-out existing beds with a new colourful practical mattress or provide an additional dog space in your home with a new duvet.
Based in East Sussex, with 5-star ratings run by dog professional Chris Coles. Accumulate discounts as you spend. #Ad.
Pets at Home Linen Gusset Mattress Dog Bed Grey
The recent pandemic has seen a huge increase in dog ownership, some extra 2.5 million dogs having been bought which have resulted in many popular dog accessories selling faster than usual and ranges available becoming depleted. It is advisable to prepare and buy in advance of your pet’s needs to avoid disappointment.
Choosing the best dog beds, how to measure your dog’s sprawl and styling tips when considering buying a new dog bed. Best dog beds, styles of dog beds. Your dog, pets health Petcheck.uk Blog
How Do You Keep Your Pet’s Bed Clean?
It’s astonishing what a bed or mattress contains when it’s microscopically analyzed. It will have pet drool, urine staining, fecal matters, outdoor grasses and include mud, ticks, fleas, parasites, and nasty hairs. All nasty things that we don’t really like to touch and talk about.
Most pet covers are machine washable and need cleaning at the highest temperature the fabric allows to rid stains. If the cover allows tumble drying, it’s advised to also set at the highest temperature provided on fabric instructions to further kill off any remaining parasites. Dog mattresses should also be washed frequently, if foam, will need soaking for some hours and will take longer to dry.
Spotted out-of-date information or a broken link? Message email@example.com
Pet Check UK participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
\\\ Pet Check Blogs
\\\ Copyright © Pet Check UK Pet Check Blog 2020-2021 Design Horizon